By: Sharifullah Mahboob
The founder of Pakistan Muhammad Ali Jinnah said in an address to his nation “work, work and work until your hear ceases to work”. Work has an undisputable role in the individual and social life. As stated by Simon Hardy We can’t really avoid it. Human civilization has been built on work; the laboring of many billions of people throughout history has created the cities, farms, industries, armies and infrastructure which have marked our time on the planet.
Although work has it importance in human beings life, human being has a lot of other things to do other than his professional life. She/he has to take care of her/himself, family and has to establish social relations. So there is a critical need for balancing between work and life in order to enjoy the beauty of life.
Jen Uscher gives us five TIPs for maintaining balance between life and work as follows:
1. Build downtime into your schedule to find time for family and enjoyment
2. Drop activities that sap your time or energy, it means that do spend your time on activity that has no value
3. Rethink your errands: Consider whether you can outsource any of your time-consuming household chores or errands.
4. Get moving it will make you more alerted and will boost up your efficiency.
5. Remember that a little relaxation goes a long way
As we all know, in our society, lawyers have a very busy life Julie Stauffer give them advice for balancing between their professional life and family life. She says that they should:
1. Be organized
2. Have a Plan B
3. Make use of technology
4. Foster supportive partner and family relationships
5. Carve out time for yourself
6. Keep your expectations realistic
By following the above steps we can live happy work and family lives.