Well, here’s a bunch of Canadian laws that put those to shame.
We can’t vouch for the validity of any of these, but they’re interesting nonetheless.
From C. Nicholson in Peterborough:
- In Nova Scotia a person is not allowed to water their grass when it’s raining. Not like someone would do this, but it’s against the law in Nova Scotia!
- In Cobourg, Ontario if you have a water trough in your front yard, it must be filled by 5:00am!
- In Guelph, Ontario, theis classified as a no pee zone!
- In Toronto, Ontario, where I lived, it’s illegal to drag a dead horse down Younge St on a Sunday!
- In Montreal, Ontario you are not allowed to wash yourin the street or park your in a way that it blocks your own driveway!
- In Ottawa, Ontario you are not allowed toice cream on Bank St on a Sunday!
- In Beaconsfield,it’s considered an offense to have more than two colours on your house; and you are not allowed to own a log cabin!
- In Uxbridge, Ontario it’s illegal to have an internet connection faster than 56k!
- In Kanata, Ontario, believe this, it’s illegal to have aline in your back yard!
- Finally, in Oshawa, Ontario it’s illegal to climb trees!
That could explain why we get hits from all across Canada, including NWT and Yukon, but not so many from Uxbridge.
This site claims,
39) In Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada, in 1917, it was illegal to tie a male horse next to a female horse…
81) In Canada, by law, 1 out of every 5 songs on the radio must be sung by a Canadian and in British Columbia it is illegal to kill a Sasquatch or Bigfoot if one is ever found.
In Alberta a released convict is entitled to a gun and a horse to ride out of town on.
But we actually agree with the Canadian content one. There are legitimate reasons for the CRTC. (Sometimes the commenter are stupider than the laws).
Pauline M. Marshall from Fort Qu’Appelle, Sask. says,
1. It is illegal for a teen to walk down main street for Fort Qu’Appelle with their shoes untied.
2. It is illegal to leave your horse in front of the Country Squire (local hotel) without hitching it securely to the hitching post (which was removed yeeeeeaaaars ago).
And finally, this anonymous person shares,
It is illegal for a man to drink with a woman in an Edmonton beer parlor in (Alberta.)
It is unlawful to throw snowballs or set off firecrackers within the city, without the authorization of the mayor or City Council. (Calgary)
All bicycle riders must signal with the arm before making a turn, and a bicycle rider must keep both hands on the handlebars at all times” ( Edmonton. )…
It is illegal to try and catch fish with your hands (Saskatoon. )
You are not allowed to saw wood on the streets, or wash your automobile in (Toronto.)
Theater owners are forbidden to start a movie that will end after 2 am. (Toronto.)
You are not allowed to play a musical instrument in a park in (Windsor, Ontario)
A by-law forbids anyone from striking the sidewalk with a metal object (Winnipeg)
It is against the law to go naked in your own home if you leave the blinds up. (Winnipeg)